Getting to Know: Michelle Whittle
- Name: Michelle Whittle
- Age: 50
- What do you do when you are not at the box? I head up ADT’s Inland Call Centre in Sandton which consists of 140 agents, 5 managers and 8 supervisors. Managing 150 plus people can prove to be quite stressful so over the weekends I make sure I spend my time relaxing with a good glass of red wine (or two!) with my family and friends.
- How did you start CrossFit and how long have you been doing it? I have always been active. I have played squash, action cricket, run and cycled. When Ashleigh, my daughter joined CFB in April 2014, I had my reservations, I knew very little about CrossFit and really thought it would just be a passing fad. But every night she came home and would rave about it and kept on at me to join the on ramp. Eventually I did and I started on ramp on 6th July 2014.
- What is your biggest achievement since starting CrossFit? Well the first one would be the results from the 2014 Spring Challenge, I not only lost weight and body fat percentage but my strength and fitness levels improved drastically. My second achievement was taking part in the CFB Charity event in June.
- What is your best and worst movement or WOD? I love any WOD that includes running but absolutely hate wallballs and overhead squats!
- Most memorable moment at CFB? Even though Danielle and I only did the scaled WOD at the CFB charity event, participating in the competition and pushing myself left me with a sense of “wow actually I can!”.
- Who inspires you at the box and why? Well other than the passion that all our coaches have for CrossFit I would have to say Christa Booysen. We are both older but the strength, determination and never say die attitude that she shows is really amazing (One day when I grow up I want to be like her!).
- Any words of wisdom to your fellow CFBers or newbies? You will love it, hate it, but won’t be able to stop!