Getting to Know: Nadine du Preez
- Name: Nadine du Preez
- Age: 22
- What do you do when you are not at the box? Extra exercises but mostly at class. Having coffee!
- How did you start CrossFit and how long have you been doing it? I starting doing “crossfit” at the gym, then I joined CFB in March 2014. So I have been doing CrossFit for 17 months.
- What is your biggest achievement since starting CrossFit? Improving in gymnastics, picking up a lot heavier than I ever thought I could, and definitely competing in different competitions (especially not ending up dead last!
- What is your best and worst movement or WOD? Worst movement would definitely be snatching, best movement would be deadlift, pull-ups and pistols. The worst WOD is “Angie”!
- Most memorable moment at CFB? Getting my first muscle up and everybody dressing up at the dress up events.
- Who inspires you at the box and why? All the coaches inspire me, which include Ludwig, Ernie and Ricky as they always push you harder and motivate each and everyone at the box. They always make everyone feel welcome and part of the CFB family.
- Any words of wisdom to your fellow CFBers or newbies? It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you implement that effort into your life…..every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs. Keep going. Remember why you started. Most important is to enjoy it and make new friends and family!!!