As you all know the Open is looming and the first WOD will be released 27 February 2014 (Coach Ricky’s birthday!). We encourage everyone to participate as this event is unparalleled in its ability to expose you to the true nature of CrossFit. The next few weeks programming will be geared towards preparation for this event. Please don’t be afraid of the Open WODs. If you cannot do some of the movements/RX’d weights – we will make the experience inclusive of all abilities/levels while still adhering to the guidelines and rules.
Strength and Technique
- Sit Ups
- This is an opportunity to work on weaknesses and hone your skills.
- You may not work on any Olympic lifts without assistance from a coach.
- If you want to lift, do supplementary movements e.g.: OH squats, front squats and presses.
- Work on gymnastics foundations.
- Do strict/deadhang instead of kipping.
- If you do not use the time wisely and effectively, you will use it for burpee box jump over AMRAPs.